AT THE SUMMIT
JOIN THE TechTribe InternSHIP PROGRAMME!
TechTribe Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects and to support the corporate functions of the Organisation. The main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to expose them to the entrepreneurial ecosystem, build networks and improve their analytical and technical skills in a vibrant and independent environment.
The Internship Programme is open on an on-going basis. Students enrolled at a fully accredited degree programme (Bachelor, Master, PhD) during the entire duration of their internship can apply online. Selected interns are on-boarded both remotely and in a hybrid form.
Here is what some of our previous interns had to say about being a TechTribe Intern:
There are currently no specific opportunities available. Should you be interested to join the team voluntarily to gain experience, kindly apply below.
What is the TechTribe?
We believe tech entrepreneurs are the change agents that create wealth and impact.
Our mission is to catalyze economic growth on the African continent by connecting tech entrepreneurs to capital, skills, and markets.
we do things through these platforms
As the TechTribe, the SA Innovation Summit hosts various events through the year that speak to our 4 foundational pillars – to originate, to showcase, to connect and to capacitate.
- Annual Summit
- Hackathons and Open Innovation Challenges
- Capacity Building Workshops
- Creativity Workshops
Connect, Innovate and Thrive
Connect and thrive with Africa’s leading innovation and entrepreneurship online ecosystem community
- Born from Africa’s largest start-up event the SA Innovation Summit
- Learn from innovation heavy weights in Africa and beyond
- Find clients and suppliers to grow your business
The TechTribe Accelerator is an online accelerator that is accessible to all entrepreneurs with an internet connection irrespective of geography, taking entrepreneurs through a structured investment readiness process and a results-driven mentorship journey.
About the programme
The Internship Programme offers graduates a unique opportunity to gain intimate exposure to entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems and provides ample opportunity to create, run and implement ideas and initiatives yourself when it aligns to company purpose.
Interns interact with stakeholders such as top start-ups, investors, innovation-oriented corporates, business leaders and policymakers. As an intern one can gain valuable experience a wide range of 21st century skills such as being entrepreneurial, marketing, design, digital media, project management, corporate communication, sales, business development, research as well as business and data analytics. Interns need to be comfortable with constant change, be able to take initiative, work responsibly on their own and be able to take on multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Business development skills
- Project Management and communication skills
- Marketing and community engagement skills
- Exposure to global and impactful stakeholders / organisations
- Exposure to the latest trends in innovation, technology, new business ideas
- Exposure to thought leadership, masterclasses and SAIS events
- Practice pitching and crafting value propositions
- Become more entrepreneurial
- Access to entrepreneur resources, training and courses
- Mentorship from executives
- Online learning MOOC credits worth R2,000
We recruit interns on an on-going basis and applications are accepted throughout the year. You can apply anytime via our online application platform.
Internship start dates will be set based on your dates of availability and the teams’ schedules and projects: do not forget to specify the date and duration of your availability in the application form.
If your application is not successful, you are welcome to apply again if any other role opportunity opens up. It will be made available on the website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are not contacted by the TechTribe team within one month following your application’s submission, you can assume your application has not been retained on this occasion and you can apply again for other opportunities if interested.
Internships are open to graduates who:
- Have a diploma or degree (depending on outline of role description) and can work full-time
- Are available for a minimum internship duration of six months;
- Are enrolled in a degree programme part-time and can work part-time
- Have an excellent command of English;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Are capable of working in multicultural and remote team environment.
The duration of the internship is for a period between 6 to 12 months (renewable for another six months up to a total of eighteen months), on a full-time or part-time basis (40 hours/week).
The internships are on a non-payment agreement. Stipends to cover basic expenses are considered and will be vacancy dependant.
The selection process consists of four main stages:
- Your online application and cover letter
- Pre-screening: all applications are screened by team and suitable candidates placed on a shortlist
- Interview and/or Written Test: hiring teams may invite candidates to complete a telephone interview and/or written test;
- Offer letter: if you are selected following a telephone interview and/or written test you will receive an e-mail with your internship offer letter.