Business Development & Partnership Manager
As a Business Development and Partnership Manager at SA Innovation Summit (SAIS), you’ll be an integral part of a purpose-driven and impact-orientated organization that is dedicated to nurturing, developing, and showcasing African innovation.
The role of a Partnership Manager is not just about business, it’s about creating meaningful partnerships to support and fund entrepreneurship and innovation across Africa. With SAIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, including pan-African initiatives and TechTribe programs and startup communities within the accelerator and mentorship platform. As a remote worker, you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world while making a difference in African entrepreneurship and innovation.
As a Partnership Manager, you will:
- Identify and research potential clients, partners and sponsors.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Coordinate with sales team to develop mutually beneficial proposals.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders.
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data.
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives.
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends.
- Train, coach, or mentor company employees
- Develop new funding mechanisms and sponsorship structures.
- Co-create programs with partners and stakeholders.
- Proven work experience as a business developer or similar role
- Experience in commercializing or sales
- Ability to identify and track sales KPIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Business intelligence
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker, and problem-solver
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project management
- Research and strategy
- Strong network of potential corporate, development agency and other partners
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible working environment
- Be a part of a purpose-driven and impact-oriented organisation.
- Attend our Summit – Africa’s leading innovation conferences.
- Annual Total Cost to Company package of R343,200 ($23,000) with opportunity to grow
- Continuous learning funding support
- Success as defined by you.
- Profit-based annual bonus
- Share options!
As a Partnership Manager, you’ll be responsible for identifying, developing and expanding partnerships with corporations and development agencies. This is an entrepreneurial process that involves co-creating programs, tapping into funding mechanisms, and developing sponsorship structures with partners. You’ll work closely with the sales team to create mutually beneficial proposals, negotiate contract terms with clients, and communicate with stakeholders. You’ll also be responsible for gathering useful information from customer and competitor data, making presentations to prospective clients and internal executives, and building relationships with customers, industry professionals, and journalists.