The SA Innovation Summit launched the Techtribe Student Volunteer Programme, with the aim of exploring the potential, creativity, talents and initiatives brought by the young people on the continent.
The TechTribe Student Volunteer Programme is an opportunity for South African youth to participate and become part of the entrepreneurial and innovation space.
Volunteer now to work at the SA Innovation Summit – You will become part of a community of startups, entrepreneurs, innovators, inventors, business, government and investors.
You will learn new things, meet interesting people and get a chance to become part of a unique ecosystem that can bring real change to economic growth.
- Hard work!
- Providing great Customer Service to delegates, support staff and organisers.
- Attendance of the briefing or training sessions that will be held prior to the event (dates will be announced)
- Various training sessions will be offered prior to the Summit. Dates will be announced.
- You need to come with enthusiasm and an eagerness to work and play hard!
The Volunteer Programme is designed to provide general event support such as registration support, manning information points, assisting delegates, accompanying speakers and VIPs, providing sound support etc.
Get involved in the pre-production of the Summit. Students will co-design, co-create and co-produce the exhibition space and stands, bringing the Summit venue to life.
Volunteers will be involved in the following activities during the Summit:
- Receive delegates
- Assist with ticketing and registration
- Hand out programmes
- Man the Information Kiosks
- Support Speakers and VIPs
- Hand out Speaker gifts
- Provide directions and managing delegate flow of movement during the programme
- Provide support in breakaway sessions
- Assist at the Pitching Dens
- Assist in the Inventors Garage
- Assist in the Match & Invest Lounge
- Provide support to exhibitors, judging panels and speakers
- Engage on Social Media – help take / post images / support the Social Media team
- Assist with selling merchandise
- Assist on Ecosystem bus tours
You will have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, face new challenges and participate in many new and diverse experiences.
You will gain:
- Invaluable experience!
- Experience fun with hard work.
- A sense of being part of something bigger, building the future of South Africa and supporting economic growth in a tangible way.
- A once-in-a-life experience.
- A letter of recommendation.
- Free training.
- Access to the Summit After Party on 13 September.
- An exclusive Summit T-Shirt.
- The opportunity to rub shoulders with global thought leaders, entrepreneurs and business.
All applications will be reviewed and based on the number of volunteers required for a specific activity and the interest for that activity, students will be assigned.
- Complete and submit the application form below.
- If you are interested in becoming a Site Chief or Tribe Lead, please provide a motivation.
We will then:
- Review your application & assign you to an area of work.
- Let you know that you were successful. Where there is no immediate space available space on the programme, students will be notified by email and might be invited to volunteer at a later stage.
- Training and information sessions will be announced.