The SA Innovation Summit is looking for a dynamic, experienced and knowledgeable Chief Operating Officer to start as soon as possible.
The SA Innovation Summit produces regional competitions, capacity building programmes and accelerator programmes as well as the annual summit to impact economic and social outcomes for the SADC region.
Chief Operating Officer Responsibilities
- Liaising with CEO/Chairman to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
- Manage Staff and project co-ordinators from various functions and projects that play out in the business
- Oversee implementation of all projects and the Summit event
- Ensure the overall production of excellent thought leadership, inspiration and well as quality investible pipeline in tech entrepreneurship.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to organise and oversee the daily operations of our company. The COO has to ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures ensure quality outputs and coaching its people.
The role requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be excellent in systems and processes and be able to take all employees along. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover and continually improve the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. The COO needs to be able to make connections and build bridges in the SA Innovation Summit to connect business development, ecosystem growth, capacity building to support the company as an effective giant accelerator for the economy.
- Liaise with CEO/Chairman to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Develop and oversee project plans for various projects
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer and logistical support processes and organise them to enhance the customer journey (where the customer can be a project owner, conference delegates, speakers, partners, sponsors, entrepreneur, etc.)
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Proven experience as COO or equivalent position
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service, etc.)
- Proven and advanced knowledge and experience with project planning and implementation (including developing project plans, writing proposals, contracting)
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of entrepreneurship, ecosystem building, innovation and business matching
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to multi-task (working on various projects simultaneously) and work in a time- and resource pressured environment
- Expert in MS Office products – Excel, Word and PowerPoint and a knowledge of various other online software tools (Slack, Monday.com, Google, Zoom etc.) or the ability to quickly learn such tools
- A first degree such as Industrial Engineering/ BSc/ Economics/BA Administration or any relevant field; MSc/MA/MBA will be a plus. Extensive Project Management experience.
Salary: An offer will be made based on previous experience and qualifications and be in line with the group of companies in the band.
Please submit your application (a cover letter with a CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 14 March 2019