The SA Innovation Summit is looking for an experienced, high level thinker to join the team as a Business Development Manager.
The SA Innovation Summit produces regional competitions, capacity building programmes and accelerator programmes as well as the annual summit to impact economic and social outcomes for the SADC region.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Development Manager
Function: Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Customer Service and some project management functions.
Industry: Start-up Ecosystem Enabler, Event, Marketing & Advertising
The SA Innovation Summit originates entrepreneurial pipeline and creates platforms to showcase and connect the start-up ecosystem in Africa through producing regional competitions, designing and implementing capacity building programmes as well as organising and hosting the annual summit to impact economic and social outcomes for the SADC region.
The Business Development Manager will operate as the core member of the sales team and will primarily be responsible for achievement of sales targets and the crafting and implementation of the sales strategies, including developing audience-specific value propositions, proposal writing and story-line development. You will be responsible for driving the sales cycle from initial contact to signing the deal, and then maintaining a good client relationship, as well as take part in market analysis, relationship building and project management.
What is in it for you?
Make an impact! The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, playing a part in building the African start-up ecosystem to assist entrepreneurs to grow to scale.
Salary Range: R35 000- R 55 000 per month (CTC) based on a proven track record.
The Role Responsibilities:
This role is an outward and delivery focused role. The role is to mobilize the eco-system of innovation and technology entrepreneurship in South Africa and SADC through identifying and closing out new projects, driving sales and assisting with new opportunities and business models. You must also be a good project manager as you will be responsible for some of the project outputs where it has to do with client relationships and eco-system building.
- Liaising with senior management to set strategic goals
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Prepare and execute a sales plan in accordance with the SAIS Strategy
- Develop ticket sales strategy and drive ticket sales
- Assist in developing a strategy to scale the Innovation Summit into other African countries
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Craft value propositions and prepare presentations to present to potential clients
- Assist in market research to identify new project opportunities
- Aggressively source leads and open doors with new prospects, map the organization and find the decisionmakers
- Close-out deals and negotiate pricing and contracts
- Perform competition analysis with respect to strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats
- Build long term relationships with potential customers/partners and sponsors in the Supplier Development, Corporate, Trade Office, Government and Embassy sectors
- Establish relationships with core partners to identify new market and growth opportunities to build a strong sales pipeline
- Document all sales efforts, progress and results in a CRM system
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
- Proven track record of sales and achievement of sales target
- Able to deal with people at all levels within an organisation and show and demonstrate negotiating skills with key decision makers
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to establish interest, trust and credibility
- Good project management skills
- Excellent writing and proposal writing skills
- Excellent value proposition development skills
- Excellent presentation development and story-line development skills
- Knowledge in Supplier Development Programs and Incubation Programs an advantage
- Experience with government contracts and embassies an advantage
- Preferably a university degree in relevant business disciplines
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31 October 2019