The SA Innovation Summit Joins Forces With "Africa's Business Heroes" 2021 Prize Competition
The “Africa’s Business Heroes” (ABH) prize competition, the Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic program spotlighting and celebrating Africa’s entrepreneurial talent, opened applications for its third annual edition. As ABH’s Anchor Partner for 2021 in the Southern Africa region, the SA Innovation Summit will support the search for the next “Africa’s Business Heroes”.
Entrepreneurs are the heroes of the Africa Rising story, and it is now African Time – Time for Africa. Entrepreneurs from all 54 African countries, across every sector, age group, and gender are able to submit their applications, in either French and English, for a chance to compete for a spot among the Top 10 finalists.
The SA Innovation Summit is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs expand their horizons on the highest platforms from Africa to the world. SAIS’ focus will be:
- Searching for high potential entrepreneurs in the ecosystem and encouraging them to apply.
- Raising awareness about the prestigious competition and the opportunity it poses for entrepreneurs.
- Hosting application clinics in April 2021 and May 2021 to support entrepreneurs put their best foot forward for the judges.
- Facilitating mentorship and preparation for the top 20 finalists.
- Being a strategic pillar for the program about the regional ecosystem.
African nationals who are (co)Founders of businesses that are:
- Operating in Africa
- Creating social impact
- 3 years old or more
- Financially robust with at least 3 years of revenue
- Win a share of USD $1.5 million
- Gain global publicity
- Access mentorship and training
- Join the ABH network of like-minded entrepreneurs, investors & mentors
ABH will recognize 100 African entrepreneurs and allocate, over a ten-year period, grant funds, alongside training, mentoring, and learning programmes, as well as access to a community of like-minded African business leaders.
Applications close on June 7th 2021!!
Here is a video highlighting the what Africa’s Business Heroes is about: