These are some of the projects that we are running in 2019 and going forward.
- XVII TRIPLE HELIX CONFERENCE 2019
- TECH TRIBE ACCELERATOR
- WINE TECH PITCHING DEN
- ANDZA ENTREPRENEUR
- HACKATHONS, CO-CREATION AND MASTERCLASSES
- REDZEBRA SA – CREATIVE COURSES
The SA Innovation Summit brings you the Triple Helix Conference, for the first time ever on African soil! The XVII Triple Helix Conference 2019, Triple Helix – a Catalyst for Change, will be held in Cape Town, South Africa, from 9-11 September. The Summit is known and loved for the platform it creates for the tech entrepreneur, the thought-inspiring leaders and industry experts, and the innovations from across spheres and the countries that are set to revolutionise our world. This year we bring you an academic conference with the theme, A Catalyst for Change, which speaks to how the triple helix model has the potential to effect positive change through collaborative innovation. The interaction between university, industry and government plays a vital part in creating sustainable innovation outputs. We want to share the ground breaking research that South African and African institutions are producing. The scientific discoveries, economic models, smart cities, artificial intelligence; all the amazing work we do to catalyse the development of our continent. The Triple Helix model presents an opportunity to achieve innovation outcomes for the socio-economic good through collaboration with multi-stakeholders within academia, industry and government spheres. Local and international researchers, policy makers and practitioners will gather together to discuss how to affect positive change in bringing the creators, implementers and enablers of innovation in social, economic and environmental issues together in research collaborations, policy initiatives and political actions in society. More about the Triple Helix Conference here
“The TechTribe Accelerator (TTA) is a partner driven virtual, SADC and impact focused acceleration platform, which leverages a technology driven e-learning system and virtual mentorship, to support technology driven impact ventures across the SADC region, to become investment ready, access capital and new networks. The Southern Africa Innovation Summit is the core driver behind the platform, with support partners which include Impact Amplifier, NEPAD SANBio, and mHub Malawi. TTA plans to:
- Launch a fully-fledged sustainable SADC virtual accelerator programme in 4 SADC countries, aligned to the Southern African Innovation Summit, the NEPAD SANBio nodes and Malawi mHub.
- The accelerator will accept 1 cohort over 24 months, and secure pipeline to host a second cohort.
- Make the e-learning platform available to Innovation Hubs, universities and accelerators in the SADC region, to run their own programmes with the support of NEPAD SANBio and Malawi Innovation Hub.
- Setup a sustainable and scalable solution which, over 24 months, will end up supporting hundreds of entrepreneurs, not only in cities but in more remote contexts, so long as they have a connection to the internet and at a fee that is considerably lower than live cohorts that requires extensive traveling.
- All the entrepreneurial applicants will be accepted for self-studying on the platform (open modules), but 30 ventures will receive virtual mentorship support from the TTA mentors.
- Open modules will comprise of online mentoring of business models for scaling, investment pitches and other important components of scaling the business.”
The SA Innovation Summit specializes in facilitating hackathons, workshops, masterclasses and co-creation sessions. The Summit was privileged to have been selected as facilitator and coordinator of a number of explorative sessions followed by a cross company Co-creation session in the Fintech sector. The Summit has extensive experience in running hackathons, workhops, world cafes etc. to bring the best out of teams, guide ideation processes and accelerate outcomes.
The SA Innovation Summit has collaborated with RedZebra SA in offering two programs namely: The ADVANCED CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING and the INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION FOR CREATIVE FACILITATION ADVANCED CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING In this program, you will discover the art of solving problems creatively and be innovative within teams and your organization. It is intended for directors, managers, and consultants from any industry that need to apply creative solutions to current challenges, improve capacities to stimulate the generation of ideas in them and others, learn to drive innovation within their teams, and effectively manage innovation and creative thought processes. INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION FOR CREATIVE FACILITATION A learning experience aimed at unleashing the collective talent and potential of groups, whether an innovator who wishes to release the creativity of his or her team or entrepreneurs who want to work together in a completely new way. This 4-day workshop aims to explore and practice the fundamental elements of group facilitation. It is a journey of transformation, personally and professionally, for anyone dedicated to help accelerate the full potential of any group. CERTIFIED BY RedZebra SA and the Creativity Certiﬁcation Program RedZebra SA is part of a global team of experienced and creative facilitators who have worked in some of the most challenging spaces and places around the world. Their work has extended to over 80 countries positively impacting over 2 million people. The organization was founded in 1994 and currently has offices in the United Kingdom, Spain, South Africa and the USA. RedZebra is synonym of effective facilitation in challenging situations. More about the RedZebra Creativity Course here.