#StrategicDeliveryManager #ProjectManagement #ProductManager #ProgrammeImplementation #ProgrammeLeadership #ProjectLead
Project Managers in SAIS are the heart of delivering value to our clients and the marketplace. They manage the budget, scopes and timelines of deliverables and ensure our positioning as a “kick-ass team that delivers impactful outcomes”. They are organised communicators and strategic planners that steer teams and get their hands dirty to deliver client outcomes on time and on spec. The quality of our work depends on them to uphold the brand premium in every deliverable. As a project manager your role is versatile and can be exciting to be involved in projects from eventing, tech-product development, running acceleration programmes and any project that will take the business to the next level. The opportunity for growth is only your imagination.
Level: Project Manager 1
Start Date: Immediately
Contract type: Permanent
SA Innovation Summit and TechTribe
The SA Innovation Summit (SAIS) is dedicated to the growth of entrepreneurs and innovation in Africa, at different stages and across all industries. SAIS’s work is founded upon four foundational pillars: connect, originate, showcase, and support.
SAIS has developed a platform for nurturing, developing, and showcasing African innovation, as well as facilitating innovation thought-leadership to inspire sustained economic growth across the African continent.
The SA Innovation Summit produces regional competitions, capacity building programmes and accelerator programmes as well as the annual summit to impact economic and social outcomes for the SADC region.
project Manager / Programmes Lead
We are looking for a self-starter that is comfortable with taking initiative and able to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of people across functions and levels. If you are a fast learner that quickly grasps concepts, open minded to learning and very attentive and analytical but at the same time creative and intuitive.
Responsibilities & duties
You will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget; these can include development programmes for entrepreneurs, competitions and also sub-projects of larger projects such as the SA Innovation Summit. Project Managers in SAIS plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. This is all done within the confines of our company goals and vision.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
Project Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Humanities or higher (other fields accepted)
- Proven work experience aligned to the role
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Highly motivated and energetic with strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
Project Manager Benefits
- Entrepreneurial and innovative working culture
- Attend our Summit – Africa’s leading innovation conferences
- Annual ToC package R312,000 ($21,000)
- Continuous learning funding support
- Success as defined by you
- Profit based annual bonus
- Share options
To apply please fill in the following form:
What to Prepare?
You will need to prepare the following for submission:
1 x Reference
Certificates and transcript