The Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA), in collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, bring you Fem-In-Tech – a female-focused acceleration programme for South African entrepreneurs. This acceleration aims to support women-owned businesses to prepare for venture capital investment and other financial-supported growth strategies to scale into new markets. Fem-In-Tech aims to empower women tech and tech-enabled start-ups with the skills to grow and scale their businesses into the continent.
A select cohort of female entrepreneurs will undergo a 6-month acceleration programme where they will build their investment case piece by piece with the help of dedicated mentors. A community of female founders and business enablers will be established with the purpose of supporting each other and growing their business. These founders will also participate in the Fem-In-Tech Demo Day at the upcoming SA Innovation Summit and will be matched to potential business supporters and funders through the Match and Invest Platform.
This year’s Fem-In-Tech programme builds on the success of the 2020 Fem-In-Tech Development Programme. Click here to learn more about the outcomes.
The Top 30 founders will participate in an Investment Readiness Acceleration Programme and in the Fem-In-Tech Demo Day at the 2021 SA Innovation Summit where they will pitch to a panel of funders and business supporters.
INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAMME
The Investment Readiness Programme is more than acceleration it is an experience of building equity in the marketplace for you as a founder and your business. The programme focuses on tangible outcomes that build your business as you work through the programme.
A panel of evaluators will review all the applications and make a selection based on information provided in the application form. The Top 40 applicants will go through an interview process with a panel of expert judges to select the Top 30 Female Founders.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Below are the General Terms & Conditions for Season 2 of the Fem-In-Tech Development Programme:
- The SAIS and its partner, SEDA, reserve the right by its sole discretion not to accept applications should they have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants. Additional documentation may be requested during the review process as proof of information provided in the application.
- All applications are to be made through the online form. Applications received via email or other channels will not be accepted.
- Only fully completed application forms will be reviewed. Any applications with missing information will be automatically disqualified.
- Any applications that do not meet the criteria for the programme entered will be automatically disqualified. Applicants to ensure their business meets the programme requirements before completing the form.
- Applicants to ensure concepts are protected – competitions are non-confidential. Concepts will be viewed by the public and therefore important to not divulge the know-how e.g. formula, code etc.
- By entering the programme, you give the SAIS permission to use images, footage and other visuals collected during the live pitch on social media, website and other relevant platforms.
- If an investment offer is made, due diligence will be undertaken and the potential investors have the right to request documentation. Should the information provided in the entry form be a misrepresentation of the business, the investors can withdraw their offer.