The Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA), in collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, bring you Season 2 of Fem-In-Tech – a female-focused entrepreneurship development programme for South African women. Fem-In-Tech is aimed at empowering South African women with tech and tech-enabled start-ups with the entrepreneurial and leadership skills to launch and grow their businesses.
Through this programme, a community of female-led start-ups will be created with the purpose of supporting each other through their journeys. At the end of the programme, the women will be equipped with the skills to pitch their business case to potential investors on the Demo Day, and a select group will be matched to potential business supporters and funders through the Match and Invest Platform.
The Top 20 finalists of the Fem-In-Tech Development Programme will participate in a Demo Day at the 2021 SA Innovation Summit where they will pitch to a panel of funders and business supporters.
Female entrepreneurs across the country are invited to the online provincial training days hosted by business mentors covering:
Dates for the training days will be announced in June 2021.
A panel of evaluators will review all the applications and make a selection based on information provided in the application form. The Top 50 applicants will submit a 3-minute video pitch to be evaluated by a panel of expert judges to select the Top 20 Female Founders.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Below are the General Terms & Conditions for Season 2 of the Fem-In-Tech Development Programme:
- The SAIS and its partner, SEDA, reserve the right by its sole discretion not to accept applications should they have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants. Additional documentation may be requested during the review process as proof of information provided in the application.
- All applications are to be made through the online form. Applications received via email or other channels will not be accepted.
- Only fully completed application forms will be reviewed. Any applications with missing information will be automatically disqualified.
- Any applications that do not meet the criteria for the programme entered will be automatically disqualified. Applicants to ensure their business meets the programme requirements before completing the form.
- Applicants to ensure concepts are protected – competitions are non-confidential. Concepts will be viewed by the public and therefore important to not divulge the know-how e.g. formula, code etc.
- By entering the programme, you give the SAIS permission to use images, footage and other visuals collected during the live pitch on social media, website and other relevant platforms.
- If an investment offer is made, due diligence will be undertaken and the potential investors have the right to request documentation. Should the information provided in the entry form be a misrepresentation of the business, the investors can withdraw their offer.