SA Innovation Summit delegates have the opportunity, through the ecosystem tours to gain exposure to local technology businesses, as to strengthen and deepen their understanding of the South African and Cape Town technology start-up scene. In 2017 the SA Innovation Summit introduced ecosystem tours along three tracts – Cities of the Future, Edutech and Fintech and in 2018 it was extended to Edtech, Fintech, Biotech and Future Cities.
The tours were an overwhelming success and in 2019, we will be offering Agritech, Biotech and Social Entrepreneurship.
The overall objectives of the ecosystem tours are:
- to provide an understanding of the region’s business and cultural environments;
- to provide a snapshot of local business practices through direct interaction with managers and start-up founders;
- to explore the value of different economic models as benchmarks for global business practices;
- to promote intercultural awareness and communication and
- the opportunity to connect expertise and local start-ups to create opportunities that drive accelerated