BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
#Commercialisation #Sales #Partnership #Fund-Raising #SponsorshipManager
Start Date: Immediately
Contract Type: Freelance/ Commission
SA Innovation Summit and TechTribe
The SA Innovation Summit (SAIS) is dedicated to the growth of entrepreneurs and innovation in Africa, at different stages and across all industries. SAIS’s work is founded upon four foundational pillars: connect, originate, showcase, and support.
SAIS has developed a platform for nurturing, developing, and showcasing African innovation, as well as facilitating innovation thought-leadership to inspire sustained economic growth across the African continent.
The SA Innovation Summit produces regional competitions, capacity building programmes and accelerator programmes as well as the annual summit to impact economic and social outcomes for the SADC region.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
We are looking for a business development consultant who is comfortable with building relationships of trust with leaders of corporations and development agencies. Someone who has networks that align with our mandate and is looking for a platform to leverage them in raising funding and bringing value to their networks through our mission. This could also be for you if you are excellent at developing proposals, communicating strategically and have proven sales or business development experience in any other arena. This is for someone with a tough skin, thinks quick on his/her feet and connect well with people. We are looking for you If you understand the psychology of building partnerships, have a win-win mindset and build your self-confidence on grit.
Responsibilities & duties
You are responsible for identifying partners, building relationships with then and expanding the partnership for long term mutually beneficial outcomes. You will be encouraged and supported to meet KPI’s and targets that will stretch you and enhance your commercial abilities.
- Identify and research potential clients
- Explore opportunities to submit requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Create strategic alliances among similar but non-competing businesses
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Draft proposals and respond to RFI’s
- Follow-up with potential partner leads
- Record and report on meeting minutes (outcomes), conversation progress and open opportunities
- Coordinate with sales team to develop mutually beneficial proposals
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Co-create solutions and develop them into presentations and write-ups
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends.
- Meet with the SA Innovation Summit business development team weekly
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT Requirements
- Proven work experience as a partnership manager, business developer, sales agent or similar role
- Experience in commercialising or sales
- Ability to identify and track sales KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Business intelligence
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Computer aptitude
- Research and strategy
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker, and problem-solver
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT Benefits
- Entrepreneurial and innovative working culture
- Attend our Summit – Africa’s leading innovation conferences
- Continuous learning funding support
- Success as defined by you
- Build a network with innovation and tech leaders around the world
- Sales training and mentorship
- 2%-10% commission
THE CHALLENGE OF BUILDING THE CONTINENT IS HUGE AND COLLABORATION IS KEY, WE WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH YOU
To apply please fill in the following form:
What to Prepare?
You will need to prepare the following for submission:
Business Profile (if applicable)
2 x References