AYO SCALING AFRICA SERIES
AYO Technology Solutions is a technology investment company with a focus on disruptive solutions that advance life, business and economics and a vision to create Africa’s own tech giant. This year, AYO presents the first ever: Scaling Africa Series challenge to empower South Africa’s Technopreneurs.
In collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, this series will identify and support South African digital and tech-based businesses, disrupting the ecosystem with novel ways to solve business and everyday needs of communities across Africa.
The AYO Scaling Africa Series will provide Series A funding seekers, with high growth strategies and a sustainable competitive advantage, a chance to build capacity and grow. It aims to provide exposure, access to new markets, funding opportunities, business support and opportunities to scale.
The Top 5 entrants will be selected to pitch in the Virtual Demo Day on 28 July 2021.
In the upcoming 2021 Summit, these finalists will participate in a roundtable discussion and showcase their products and services in a virtual exhibition pavilion.
SCALING AFRICA SERIES SECTORS
Business solutions belonging to one of the following tracks are encouraged (not exclusive):
A panel of expert judges will evaluate the Scaling Africa Series entries and select the Top 5 candidates as the finalists to compete in a virtual live pitch round.
During the preliminary evaluation process, the pitches will be reviewed based on the information provided in the online entry form according to the following criteria:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Below are the General Terms & Conditions for the AYO Scaling Africa Series:
- The SAIS, and its partner AYO TSL, reserve the right by its sole discretion not to accept entries should they have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants. Additional documentation may be requested during the review process as proof of information provided in the application.
- All entries are to be made through the online form. Entries received via email or other channels will not be accepted.
- Only fully completed entry forms will be reviewed. Any entries with missing information will be automatically disqualified.
- Any entries that do not meet the criteria for the competition entered will be automatically disqualified. Entrants to ensure their business meets the competition requirements before completing the form.
- Entrants to ensure concepts are protected – competitions are non-confidential. Concepts will be viewed by the public and therefore important to not divulge the know-how e.g. formula, code etc.
- By entering the competition, you give the SAIS permission to use images, footage and other visuals collected during the live pitch on social media, website and other relevant platforms.
- If an investment offer is made, due diligence will be undertaken and the potential investors have the right to request for documentation. Should the information provided in the entry form be a misrepresentation of the business, the investors can withdraw their offer.