The centre stage of the SA Innovation Summit: a competition providing start-ups and early stage companies in all tech-enabled sectors from around the world to compete for investment, showcase their products and services, gain market and media exposure, and secure support in the stages of scaling and growth.
The Africa Cup aims to promote and develop the entrepreneurial creativity of start-ups who are disrupting the traditional ways of doing business. This is an opportunity for all early start-ups with a high growth potential, scalability and expansion plans, to showcase their technologies while obtaining access to funding, new markets and PR exposure.
If you only have an idea or you not commercialised yet, please enter the Inventors Garage Competition.
AFRICA CUP TRACTS
Business solutions belonging to one of the following tracks are encouraged (not exclusive):
A panel of expert judges will evaluate the Africa Cup entries and select 50 entries from the initial pool. This Top 50 will be requested to submit a 2-minute video pitch for the evaluators to further review and select finalists to compete in the final live pitch round.
During the preliminary evaluation process, the pitches will be reviewed based on the information provided in the online entry f according to the following criteria:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please take your time to carefully submit your pitch as this application will be the first level of evaluation.
- You can enter as an individual, group or a company.
- The Intellectual Property should belong to you or your company and you should be able to supply proof of ownership on request.
- This competition closes on 30 June 2020.
- You can pitch more than once for different products.
- Only entries received online using the online submission form will be accepted.
- The SA Innovation Summit reserves the right, by its sole discretion, not to accept entries or to disqualify entries at any stage should it transpire that such entries have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants.
- Winners will be chosen by a qualified appointed judging panel. Judges for round one and round two will differ. The judging panel’s decision is final.
- Where applicable:The Africa Cup is a non-confidential competition and the full responsibility lies with entrants themselves to protect their concepts through any means. Your concepts will be viewed in public and by many different audiences in order for you to make connections. It is therefore important to be compelling about what you do and how you will be sustainable without divulging your know-how in terms of recipes, formulas, code, knowledge or other means.
- By entering the competition, you give the SA Innovation Summit permission to use images, footage and other visuals collected during the pitch on social media, the Summit website and any other platform relevant to the SA Innovation Summit.
- Finalists are responsible for their own traveling and accommodation cost when attending the event.
- For any competition inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participants will be informed of the outcome of the results after the judging process has been completed after the closing date. The SA Innovation Summit will not be covering transportation and accommodation costs for finalists who will be presenting at the Summit event.
- A complimentary delegate ticket will be issued to all finalists.