DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 12 JULY!
Do you have a start-up or a business solution characterized by high growth potential, proprietary innovation, sustainable competitive advantage? Scroll down and submit your application to compete.
Set against the backdrop of SA Innovation Summit, the Pitching Den competition aims to promote and develop the entrepreneurial creativity of startups, able and willing to disrupt the status-quo, to showcase their ground-breaking products or services, to gain visibility across government officials, local, regional and international investors and industry titans, and to secure financial and business support in the stages of scaling and growth.
In 2018 Pitching Den invites high-growth early-stage startups from all over the world to pitch their innovative business solutions to a well-rounded panel of venture capitalists, angel investors and business development experts, and to compete for investment, maximum media exposure and networking opportunities with enablers and sponsors.
- Showcase your technologies / ideas to a wider audience
- Get PR exposure
- Obtain access to funds and acceleration support (the judges will commit to second interviews if the pitches are of interest)
- Tap into different markets (the audience will watch to make connections)
- Have access to technical expertise (advisers, IP specialists & venture capitalists)
- Get access to the Match and Invest Lounge, where key funders will be available for consultation (We put together a high impact group that would otherwise take years to identify and pitch to).
More Prizes offered in this competition will be announced in the coming months.
SA Innovation Summit partnership with Fenox Venture Capital’s Startup World Cup competition
SA Innovation Summit has partnered once again with Fenox Venture Capital. As Regional Representative, the winner of the SA Innovation Summit Pitching Den qualifies to take part in the Grand Finale competition organised by Fenox VC in Silicon Valley.
Startup World Cup is an event organized by Fenox Venture Capital, dedicated to launching and advising the world’s next wave of leading entrepreneurs. Annual Startup World Cup winners can accelerate their ideas into reality with the help of 1 million USD in funding and global recognition.
Fennox VC provides more than just funding. They assist startups through strategic synergies and partnerships, paving the path for startups across the world. Working with Fenox means having the opportunity to organically grow your business and enter new markets.
Competition closes in:
- New deadline for submissions: 12 July 2018
- Top 25 semi-finalists notification: July 2018
- Pitching Den finale: 13 September 2018. A programme with exact times will be published in August 2018
The Competition is open to all early-stage high-potential startup companies, private or publicly held, who meet the following criteria:
- a start-up with a turnover of up to ZAR 100 million;
- the model is an original idea with unique IP of technological solutions;
- the company demonstrates high growth potential, scalability, and/or has national or international expansion plans with a high level of commitment by shareholders and management team;
- close to achieving break-even or profitability.
The Pitching Den Competition is a platform for HIGH GROWTH and START-UP (EMERGING) companies to pitch their business to a well-rounded panel of judges. In this way, the SA Innovation Summit celebrates emerging companies with tech-enabled solutions spanning across all industries. This competition category aims to encourage companies with the best growth potential to become market leaders, and to inspire future entrepreneurs and start-ups.
True success requires vision and leadership, financial accomplishment, strategic direction and innovation. This competition is designed to recognise and honour entrepreneurs and companies whose innovative tech-enabled solutions will have a significant impact on the growth of the African continent.
Business solutions belonging to one of the following tracks are encouraged:
- Bio & Health (Life Sciences, Pharma, Health, Biotech, Medtech, e-Health)
- Informative Tech (Digital, High Tech, Fintech, Robotics & IoT, Edutech & Entertainment, B2C and B2B solutions, Big data enabling Solutions, Smart Factory and Industry 4.0)
- Global Impact (Cleantech (Energy, Air, Water), Design Environment, Social Impact, Transport & Mobility, Smart Cities, Materials & processes)
- Industry 4.0
- Social Entrepreneurship
Competition entries will be evaluated by a team of expert judges. Judges will select up to 25 pitches from the initial pool of entries to compete in the final live pitch round.
During the preliminary evaluation process the pitches will be reviewed on the basis of the information provided in the online questionnaire according to the following criteria:
- Business model and execution strategy quality;
- Market attractiveness and ability to provide solution to the identified need;
- Business proposition innovation level (technology, products and/or services);
- Sound revenue and profit models;
- Strategic competitive positioning;
- Strong management team.
- Please take your time to carefully submit your pitch as this application will be the first level of evaluation.
- You can enter as an individual, group or a company.
- The Intellectual Property should belong to you or your company and you should be able to supply proof of ownership on request.
- This competition officially closes on 1 June 2018.
- You can pitch more than once for different entries.
- Only entries received online will be accepted.
- The SA Innovation Summit reserves the right, by its sole discretion, not to accept entries or to disqualify entries at any stage should it transpire that such entries have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants.
- Winners will be chosen by a qualified appointed judging panel. Judges for round one and round two will differ. The judging panel’s decision is final.
- Where applicable: The Pitching Den is a non-confidential competition and the full responsibility lies with entrants themselves to protect their concepts through any means. Your concepts will be viewed in public and by many different audiences in order for you to make connections. It is therefore important to be compelling about what you do and how you will be sustainable without divulging your know-how in terms of recipes, formulas, code, knowledge or other means.
- For any competition inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All participants will be informed of the outcome of the results after the closing date. The SA Innovation Summit will not be covering transportation and accommodation costs for finalists who will be presenting at the Summit event.
- One complimentary ticket will be issued to all finalists.