The Summit was birthed out of how little was being done to commercialize technology from South Africa into new industries through start-ups, private sector involvement and enabling government absorption of new ideas. Our first Summit started with getting the roles and language between government, industry and academics aligned. The content migrated over 10 years into making the Tech Entrepreneur centre stage and the hero of taking the economy forward.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
Our Value Proposition is that our effort should go towards enabling the Tech Entrepreneur as she and he will be the only entity able to leapfrog systematic change to alleviate poverty, drive inclusiveness whilst meeting Industry 4.0 head-on. Large business, curricula in the universities and government policies cannot move fast enough to keep up with the technological changes; The Tech Entrepreneur can!
THE BIG IDEA?
The SA Innovation Summit (SAIS) is an annual flagship event, on the South African Innovation Calendar. It is a platform for nurturing, developing and showcasing South African innovation, as well as facilitating thought-leadership around innovation. The initiative brings together corporates, investors, thought leaders, inventors, entrepreneurs, academia and policy makers from around the globe to amplify South Africa’s renowned competitive edge and inspire sustained economic growth. d policy makers from around the globe to amplify South Africa’s renowned competitive edge and inspire sustained economic growth.
The SA Innovation Summit’s theory of change in South Africa, is that as we are at the cusp of the 4th Industrial Revolution the technology entrepreneur across all fields stands in the centre of future economic growth, innovation and change. It is therefore vital that large organisations, policy makers and forward thinkers strategically engage with them for our future solutions.
WE SEEK TO:
- Meet, network and discuss strategies that leverage exponential technologies to create, build and deliver African solutions to the problems of tomorrow being developed at corporates, universities and startups to rapidly shape our future
- Provide a platform where entrepreneurs and innovators can participate, grow their know-how and connections to enable them to make their ideas come to life;
- Identify the authentic needs of the region, resulting in more engaged communities and a faster path to local and global impact;
- Collaborate with government, academia and industry (corporate and startups) to build a system to implement innovation on a practical level;
- Discuss latest trends in order to stay competitive and create better customer experience
- Encourage mutually beneficial deal-making between entrepreneurs and investors
2017 INNOVATION REVOLUTION
What this means is that we are looking beyond great ideas; we are interested in how great ideas become innovations and how these innovations can be accelerated to reach the market for social, environmental and/or financial impact. The Summit provides and revolutionises the tools, knowledge, networking, competitions, discussions and introductions necessary to help take innovations from idea to market.